IELTS Two-Part Question Essay
Apart from advantages and disadvantages as well as opinion essays, you might be required to discuss a certain topic by answering two questions. Such kinds of tasks are referred to as a two-part question essay. Of course, it is difficult to write it without preparation, but with a model outline, it is a piece of cake.
Structure of high-quality two-part question essay
- Introduction of a topic and a general answer to both question or, in other words, a thesis statement.
- Body paragraph with an answer to Question One.
- Body paragraph with an answer to Question Two.
- Conclusion with a summary of main points and the restatement of the thesis statement in different words.
Now, check how an introduction, as the one described in the outline, can be created in practice. Let us consider a sample two-part question: Walking is extremely beneficial for well-being, but statistics show that fewer people walk with each year. Why do you think people walk less? How can walking be made popular again?
To write an introduction, it is necessary to mention topic and answer both questions. The topic in this case should be taken from the task. Thus, you may just paraphrase the assignment. The brief answers, of course, should be made up by you and then formulated as one sentence each. Here is how it can be done:
- Topic, or the paraphrased task: These days, people prefer driving, taking a bus, or using subway instead of walking.
- The answer to the Question One: Such a tendency seems to be a result of the accelerated urbanization and technological progress.
- The answer to the Question Two: However, the popularity of walking might be restored by promotion of healthy lifestyle.
These three sentences can constitute a complete introduction to a two-part question essay and do not require any additional details. The development of the expressed ideas should be done in the body of the paper.
- Free plagiarism report (on request)
- Free revision (within 2 days)
- Free title page
- Free bibliography
- Free outline (on request)
- Free email delivery
- Free formatting
- Quality research and writing
- BA, MA, and PhD degree writers
- 100% confidentiality
- No hidden charges
- Never resold works
- 100% authenticity
- 24/7/365 Customer Support
- 12 pt. Times New Roman
- Double-spaced/Single-spaced papers
- 1 inch margins
- Any citation style
- Fully referenced papers
- Up-to-date sources
Read more about other types of IELTS essays:
Advantages and Disadvantages Essays in IELTS
How to Handle IELTS Problem and Solution Essays
IELTS Opinion Essays
IELTS Discussion Essays: An Introduction