Guide to Writing a Book Review
Most avid readers enjoy sharing their impressions about the books they have read. Book reviews are also useful because they help other people choose the next story to read or better understand the book they have just finished reading. Apart from being honest and informative, an effective book review should also be interesting and easy to understand. The easiest way to prepare such a review is to imagine you are talking to a friend who asked you to share your opinion.
We offer you a practical guide on writing an excellent book review.
Tips to Make Your Reviews Enjoyable for Others
First, Say What the Book Is About.
However, make sure there are no spoilers, such as mentioning of the outcomes of plot twists or the destiny of the characters. A rule of thumb would be not to discuss anything that happens from the middle of the book until the last page. If you are reviewing one of the books in a series, mention this fact, too, and say whether you feel like continuing reading the next one.
Discuss the Things You Particularly Enjoyed.
Describe your personal impressions and ideas about the book. If you do not know where to start, try answering some of the following questions:
- Do you have a favorite character? Why?
- Were the characters realistic?
- Did the story intrigue you?
- Which part of the book is your favorite? Why?
- Discuss the scenes you think were described particularly well. But no spoilers!
- Did any scenes make you laugh or cry? Did the book leave you indifferent?
- Can you call the book gripping?
Now You Can Discuss the Things You Did Not Like About the Book, if Any.
However, be sure to explain your choice:
- Was there a cliffhanger? Did you like it or find it frustrating?
- Did you feel empathy towards the protagonist or was he/she poorly described?
- Was the story not thrilling? Were you disappointed by the way the author discussed the topic?
Repeat the key points and conclude by saying whether you would recommend the book to someone else.
- Free plagiarism report (on request)
- Free revision (within 2 days)
- Free title page
- Free bibliography
- Free outline (on request)
- Free email delivery
- Free formatting
- Quality research and writing
- BA, MA, and PhD degree writers
- 100% confidentiality
- No hidden charges
- Never resold works
- 100% authenticity
- 24/7/365 Customer Support
- 12 pt. Times New Roman
- Double-spaced/Single-spaced papers
- 1 inch margins
- Any citation style
- Fully referenced papers
- Up-to-date sources