How to Send Thank You Email after Phone Interview with Recruiter
Most of the job-seekers don't understand that in many cases they're not being hired not because they were disliked, but because hiring manager's brain is simply overloaded with tons of information. It means that they can just forget about appropriate candidates and if these candidates won't remind about themselves, they will most likely lose the job. That explains the need and importance of an email after the phone interview. By simply saying “thank you for the phone interview” you're not only showing your politeness, but also reminding the hiring manager about yourself.
Usually, employers don't expect things like this, because very few candidates do it. Indeed, thank you email after the phone interview with a recruiter is a rare thing and this is another reason why you should take advantage of it.
Tips to Follow Up after Phone Interview
- When sending a thank you note, use the email address that was used for sending the resume, so that the hiring manager can get a clear picture of who you are and what the interview was about. Otherwise, your email may disappear in a spam folder.
- Your subject line has to be short and very specific.
- Don't forget to note the time and date of the call in your message.
- Write short paragraphs to ease the perception of your message.
- Formal closing should include your full name, job expertise, phone number, and preferably the link your profile on the LinkedIn network.
It's great if you send a thank-you email after every interview that you've had. A message after the phone interview can look like this:
«I'd like to express my gratitude in regards to the conversation we've had lately. Becoming a part of your team will definitely be a great experience for me. I believe that, with my experience, I can greatly advance your business. I am attaching my resume and several cases from my previous job to this email»
Thanks for taking your time to talk to me on Monday afternoon in regards to Quality Assurance Engineer vacancy at Satellite Solutions Inc.
I'm excited to learn more about the opportunity and looking forward to hearing from you
«Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name:
I had a pleasure talking to you today in regards to the head of sales vacancy at Roderick Enterprises. I'm excited to join your great team and from our conversation, I clearly see that this job is a great match for my interests and skills. Informal atmosphere and creative approach to doing business only ignited my desire to become a part of your thriving business.
I appreciate your time and I'm looking forward to hearing from you in regards to the discussed position.
Never forget about thank-you emails if you want to increase your chances of getting hired.